Toggle menu

Domestic abuse - Where can I go for local support?

If you are a victim of domestic abuse, help and support is available.

If you are in immediate danger, please call 999. 

Stockton Borough Councils domestic abuse services are provided by Harbour. They have been helping people for more than 40 years and they have changed many lives for the better. They can help very quickly, and nobody will judge you. 

Contact Harbour by:

You can also go to your GP, health visitor, social worker, housing officer or the police who can get advice on your behalf.

Clare's Law - The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme

The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme, known as Clare's Law allows you to make formal inquiries if: 

  • you are concerned that your partner may pose a risk to you
  • you are concerned that the partner of a member of your family or a friend may pose a risk to that individual

The scheme allows the police to disclose information about a partner's previous history of domestic violence or violent acts. 

Find out more information about Clare's Law and how to make an application on the Cleveland Police website. 

Where can I go for local support?

You can find a local safe space if you are experiencing domestic abuse. 

If you need a refuge tonight and would prefer to contact the agencies yourself, use the following contact details.

Harbour support services

Harbour support services website

Phone: 01642 553323 (Stockton office)

Phone: 03000 202525 (24 hours)



EVA Women's Aid Redcar

EVA Women's Aid Redcar website

Phone: 01642 490677

Mobile: 07525591971



HALO project

HALO project website

Phone 01642 683045

Emergency phone: 08081 788 424 (24 hours)